Posted: Feb 10, 2014
Kale has become quite popular in the last couple of years, and frankly all of the attention has stressed it out some; time for a massage.
Key to deliciousness: When kale is massaged with lemon juice it is essentially being “cooked” by breaking down tough fibres which makes raw kale tough to eat and digest.
1. Set oven at 350F. Place cubed yam in a bowl with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil and mix to cover in oil. Spread them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and into the oven for 10 min.
2. In a large bowl place kale and lemon juice and massage kale in the lemon juice for a good 5min. Let sit.
3. Back to the oven to place the cubed squash in a bowl with the other 1/2 tbsp. olive oil and mix, then on to the baking sheet with the yams and continue to bake for ~10min.
4. Combine the ingredients for the dressing and whisk well. * the acid in the dressing is missing on purpose because the lemon used to massage the kale should suffice.
5. Seed the pomegranate, and dice the avocado. by now the sweet potatoes and squash should be finished.
6. Combine all ingredients together except pomegranates, then mix in the dressing. Plate and top with pomegranates seeds. Finito!
KCAL ~ 350 Carb ~43 g, Protein ~ 7 g Fat 19 g Fibre 7 g