Posted: Aug 21, 2014
Ingredients (4 servings)
0.5 kg(~1lb), Medium Prawns (Frozen)
375.0 g, Linguine (or Penne, as per pic)
1.0 tbsp, Extra Virgin Olive Oil (lemon infused is a great bonus)
3.0 clove(s), Garlic - Raw
0.5 tsp(s), Dried Chilli Flakes
1 Lemon, Zest only
0.5 cup, Low sodium vegetable broth
5.0 Tbl. chopped, Fresh Basil Leaves
5.0 cup, Cherry Tomatoes Raw
*1 tbsp, per serving, of Parmigiano reggiano to finish.
1. Peel prawns under cold running water. Dry.
2. Cook pasta following directions on the package. Al dente (slight resistance not mushy when chewed) is best ;)
3. In a large saucepan heat the olive oil to med low heat and place in the chilis, lemon zest and garlic. Saute on very low heat for 5-7 minutes.
4. Place in the cherry tomatoes and broth and turn heat up to medium. Now place in the fresh shrimp and saute for 3-4 minutes.
5. Take the saucepan off the heat and finish with basil. Mix in cooked pasta.
6. Plate and sprinkle with the parmigiano.
Serve with a simple green leaf salad and enjoy :)
Sodium ~700mg (mostly from the shrimp)