BBQ Chicken Burgers
Posted: Aug 2, 2015
If barbequing is your go to cooking method during the summer months, this recipe will be sure to please.
Ingredients (5 servings)
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup onion, grated
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to a sauté pan at medium heat. Sauté the onion with the garlic first, then the mushrooms and tomatoes, all to desired tenderness. Set aside and allow vegetables to cool.
- Preheat the BBQ at medium heat and lightly oil grill.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken and vegetables. Add the egg, bread crumbs and seasonings to taste. Mix together and form 5 patties.
- Grill the burger patties over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- Serve with a whole grain hamburger bun, toppings and vegetables of choice (e.g. garden salad or grilled zucchini & peppers).