Low Country Collard Greens
Posted: Nov 2, 2015
This recipe is inspired by one of my favorite chefs, Sean Brock, who has essentially re-ignited a passion for low country cooking in the United States. Southern food isn't just about BBQ and cornbread!
Ingredients (~4 servings)
- 2 bunches, Collard Greens
- Juice and zest of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4c, Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 2 cloves, Garlic
- 2 tsp, Chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp, Salt
- 2 tbsp, Olive oil
- De-stem and de-vein the collard greens, then wash them well in a colander.
- In a stock pot pour in the olive oil and turn heat to med-low, then throw in garlic and chili flakes. Let saute for ~3 min. *Garlic will burn easily so turn heat to low if needed*
- Add in the collard greens, give it a good stir, place the lid on and cook for ~10 min. on med heat.
- finish with lemon juice and lemon zest, let cook with lid off for 1-2 more minutes.
- Take off the heat and add in roasted peanuts.