Posted: Sep 2, 2015
Fresh peas are nearing the end of their season, but not to worry because you can also try this any season with frozen peas (with similarly delicious results). I also post this recipe in part to challenge the fear of carbs (pasta), and to help shift the focus on what really matters - home cooking, portion control, and balance.
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups arugula, washed, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 454g/1lb/1 package of pasta, regular or whole wheat.
- 3 lb peas, fresh shelled or frozen
- 2 eggs, whole
- 2 tbsp, olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- Place a pot of water on high heat (for the noodles).
- Add olive oil to a large stock pot at medium heat. Sauté the onion for ~5-8 minutes.
- Whisk eggs in small bowl, grate cheese, wash arugula.
- Add veg. stock to pot with onions, and peas, cook on med. for ~10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta, al dente, as per package. Once finished immediately add pasta to onions and peas. Take off the heat then start drizzling whisked eggs in as well, slowly, while mixing vigorously.
- Finish by throwing arugula into pot, mix, letting residual heat wilt it.
- Plate and top with 2 tbsp of fresh Parmesan.
Enjoy! Maybe with a heritage tomato salad :)