- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup parsley stalks
- 1 head of parsley leaves.
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 3 cups dried lentils
- 6 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 3 cups water
1. Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot on med-low heat.
2. Fine dice or food process the celery, carrots, onion, parsley stalks, garlic; add them to the stock pot and Saute for 10 minutes.
3. Wash & rinse dried lentils, add to stock pot along with vegetable stock, bay leaves, black pepper and oregano.
4. Bring to a boil on high heat then reduce to med-low and cook for 45-60 minutes.
5. Throw in chopped parsley leaves to finish.