Posted: Sep 6, 2018
It’s September which means all things pumpkin are officially in season! This year, instead of filling up on “pumpkin flavour,” why not go for the real thing? This roast pumpkin recipe is a delicious way to bring the seasonal squash to your dinner table. It’s so simple, you might even be inclined to experiment with different herbs and spices. Add roasted garlic, cumin or chili powder to bring some heat to the dish. Or use a sprig of rosemary for a festive touch.
- 2 lbs fresh pumpkin, peeled & seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 200 C or 400°F.
2. Quarter, peel, and seed the pumpkin. Cut into 2" cubes.
3. Place pumpkin in a roasting tray and add the olive oil, salt, and pepper, along with any other seasonings you desire. Toss to coat.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 to 45 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft and slightly browned at the edges.