Posted: Jan 7, 2019
Originally developed by Angela Liddon of Oh She Glows, this warm and salty snack is sure to satisfy. Enjoy the crispy chickpeas on their own or toss into a salad in place of croutons.
1.5-2 cups cooked chickpeas (one 15-oz can), drained and rinsed
2.5-4 cups white vinegar
1/2-1 tsp fine grain sea salt, to taste
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper and preheat oven to 400F.
2. Add chickpeas into pot and cover with vinegar. Add a dash of sea salt.
3. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit in pot for 15-20 minutes, uncovered.
4. Carefully drain chickpeas in a strainer and discard vinegar. Place chickpeas on lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Massage with fingers until fully coated.
5. Roast for 25-35 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Keep a careful eye on them after 20 minutes of cooking to ensure they don’t burn. Cool on pan for 5 minutes. They will crisp up as they cool.
Enjoy as a high protein snack or as a side to a lunch or dinner.
Per Serving: 150 calories, 6g protein, 21g carbohydrates, 6g fibre